Wednesday, April 23, 2014


Williamsburg, 2014

Nearly two months in with two under two (!), and I'd say we are hitting our stride. Oscar is getting much more gratifying and interactive and even has something of a bedtime, around 8:30 p.m. (though he's up two or three times between then and 6:30 the next day.) Axel is also that much more verbal, and so it's easier to manage him as well, except when he's in the throes of an inexplicable toddler meltdown.

75% of the time, I think it's easier and more fun than I had expected....the other 25% of the time things are pretty chaotic, and it's hard to, say, feed ourselves, or manage the usual social get togethers. We had some friends over for Easter and while it was fun, there were a lot of crumbs on the floor, crying babies, and a sense of general disarray. Relaxing it was not!

Other than that, I've been working on recovering physically, heading to post-natal pilates and doing some old fashioned, P.E.-style training a few days a week to try and get some of my stamina back. After a night of choppy sleep the last thing I want to do is situps, squats, and sprints, but I also know that the fitter I feel the more I'll be able to keep up with Axel and Oscar. It's going to be a long road, but it feels good to have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...